It’s that time of year again! Back-to-school season is among us, and it’s time to prepare for our carpools. Carpooling is one of the best fuel efficient options for every household. You are also able to save so much time and money! At Tokyo Automotive we want you to have the best so, before you get back into the groove of things, make sure you check out these tips for your next carpool run.
- Take your vehicle for routine maintenance. The smart first step is to take your vehicle in for its routine maintenance. Before loading everyone in your car, make sure your vehicle is safe. Your vehicle’s engine is most likely working overtime in light of the back-to-school season. Make sure to check your oil and tire pressure before you head out. Come to Tokyo Automotive to get your vehicle properly serviced.
- Buckle up! Seat belts are super important to keep you and your passengers safe in the event of a crash. Making sure your passengers have their seat belts on before you leave is also important. Using your seat belt can also influence those who don’t. Seat belts can seem unnecessary, especially for teenagers, so setting a good example is always helpful.
- Gather emergency contacts. Before you start your carpool run, make sure you have gathered everyone’s emergency contact. In the event of an emergency, these contacts will help in any situation. If you have older kids in your car, it can be beneficial for them to have their contacts memorized. Having them memorized will help you in an emergency, so you don’t have to frantically find them.
- Practice proper safety. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration recommends infants to be in rear-facing convertible seats. Toddlers from 20-40 pounds should be in forward facing seats and young children, above 40 lbs, should be in booster seats. All children 12 years old and younger should be sitting in the back seat. All children should also be wearing the appropriate seat belt.
- Establish passenger rules. A great way to establish order in your carpool is to set rules. Some rules you could create are inside voices and the type of snacks allowed. Setting rules will help with the chaos that the morning/afternoon traffic brings. Having simple rules will also help with the general atmosphere in the car.
We care for all our customers. Your safety is our #1 priority, so make sure you come and see us before your carpool starts. For the best service in Orange County, come to Tokyo Automotive. Located at, 380 E. Orangethorpe Avenue, Placentia, CA 92870 and open Monday -Friday from 8:00 am – 6:00 pm (closed 12 pm – 1 pm for lunch). Contact us to schedule an appointment.